Counselling for Anxiety
Is anxiety taking over your life? Does it feel like you are worrying all the time? Do you have trouble sleeping? Find it hard to turn your mind off?
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because therapy, as opposed to medication, treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, teach you how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you suffer from these symptoms, I would love to help.