Walk and Talk Therapy
As the name suggests, Walk & Talk Therapy provides the unique experience of accessing talk therapy while being active, namely walking at a comfortable pace outdoors. The COVID-19 pandemic has given new meaning to outdoor gatherings, safety and healing in nature. Having been an avid walker herself for many years—even a race walker with a local club in Ottawa—and understanding the need to move away from screens and sitting, Ariana will meet and walk with you at an agreed-upon location, while focusing on your therapeutic goals.
Walk & Talk Therapy may provide some of the following benefits:
• Increased body-mind connection
• Reduced stress, restlessness and physical tension
• More creativity
• Incorporating physical movement therapeutically
• Accessing thoughts and feelings in a natural way
• More clarity in problem-solving and in getting “unstuck”
• Mindful presence in the “here and now”
If you are interested in finding out more, don’t hesitate to ask prior to, or during, your first virtual session. Initial sessions will be held virtually to assess individual needs and the appropriateness of Walk & Talk Therapy for each client. Ariana looks forward to walking and talking with you!